Chanti is a conversion copywriter and quiz funnel strategist for change makers and brands that give a damn. She’s a marketing unicorn that believes boring is the enemy, neutral is a death sentence and real talk is the way of the future. In her spare time, you can find her at the farmer’s market, wrangling her toddler, doing downward dog or binge-watching GoT.
Take the most meta quiz on the internet.
Take the 45-second quiz and get your custom quiz strategy setlist and a personalized backstage pass to more groupies (leads), ticket sales (conversions), and Rolling Stone covers (visibility).
I know that doesn’t matter. My job is to make YOU happy. As business owners we’re taught that it’s not about us. And it’s not. But I wanted you to know I’m glad you’re here with me on this wild ride.
If everything you do feels like an experiment, a shot in the digital dark, a spaghetti strand flying across the room before it hits the wall, you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be.
If you sit down every day and you do something that scares you, even if it’s something as small as being who you are in the coliseum of social media where would be cancellers might be lurking around any corner, you’re doing it right.
If you log into Instagram and feel like you *should* be doing so much more, so much better, and that you *should* be further along the yellow brick business road, those shoulds are merely a reflection of how much you care and how committed you are to making this work — not of your worth.
Whatever situation you’re in, good or bad or somewhere in between, it can shift really quickly.
If all is well, breathe it in. And if you’re feeling discouraged, my mom would say “this too shall pass”.
A few weeks ago Colin and I were feeling utterly hopeless while we searched real estate listings for the millionth time. I laid on the floor, glass of wine by my side, and made him stop looking because the results were just so disheartening.
3 days later we found our dream farm which we’re now jumping through 7,394 hoops to *fingers crossed* finalize.
La vie est fou.
I wanted to share these sales insights from Colin Dowling with you. I don’t actually know who this dude is but I love this list. (Especially #5)
1. Sales is a lot like golf. You can make it so complicated as to be impossible or you can simply walk up and hit the ball. I’ve been leading and building sales orgs for almost 20 years and my advice is to walk up and hit the ball.
2. Sales is about people and it’s about problem solving. It is not about solutions or technology or chemicals or lines of code or artichokes. It’s about people and it’s about solving problems.
3. People buy 4 things and 4 things only. Ever. Those 4 things are time, money, sex, and approval/peace of mind. If you try selling something other than those 4 things you will fail.
4. People buy aspirin always. They buy vitamins only occasionally and at unpredictable times. Sell aspirin.
5. I say in every talk I give: “All things being equal, people buy from their friends. So make everything else equal, then go make a lot of friends.”
6. Being valuable and useful is all you ever need to do to sell things. Help people out. Send interesting posts. Write birthday cards. Record videos sharing your ideas for growing their business. Introduce people who would benefit from knowing each other, then get out of the way, expecting nothing in return. Do this consistently and authentically and people will find ways to give you money. I promise.
7. No one cares about your quota, your payroll, your opex, your burn rate, etc. No one. They care about the problem you are solving for them.
There is more than 100 trillion dollars in the global economy just waiting for you to breathe it in. Good luck.
I made a new playlist for you! Check it out here. Not super kid friendly unless you want your kid to be like mine and experiment heavily to see if he can get away with dropping F bombs.
You of course, friend! I’m also rooting for my friend and client Amy Porterfield because she’s already got 10,000 entrepreneurs in her 30 Day Digital Course Kickstarter Bootcamp. I’ve got a new course idea so I’m working through the live trainings she’s doing and they are GOLD.
“Maybe it’s not that you’re lazy…maybe you just don’t like it.”
— Gary Vaynerchuk
Grateful for you, friend.
Hope your week ahead is filled with pleasant surprises,